Experienced Family Law Attorney in Georgetown, TX
Helping families for more than 30 years
You need an experienced family law attorney to help you with your divorce and the many issues that arise in connection with your children, whether it be visitation rights, custody issues, parental rights or otherwise. At Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law, my law office offers competent and compassionate legal support. I bring more than 30 years’ experience to my practice and am certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in family law.
Georgetown board-certified family law attorneys
As one of only seven board-certified family law attorneys and with my experience as a judge in a family law court, I have the expertise to represent clients in all manners of cases. If you are going through a divorce or dealing with other family matters, it can be a trying time. I help you get past current problems to get to a brighter future. Let me help you today.
My office represents clients in Georgetown, all of Williamson County, and in the surrounding counties, including Round Rock, Austin, Temple and Bastrop. I personally handle your case and bring to bear decades of experience in a full range of legal matters. My expertise extends to the following:
- Child custody — Courts decide whether joint or sole custody is in the best interests of your child in a divorce proceeding. As an experienced family law attorney, I have handled many contested child custody cases. Divorce impacts your children. I work with you to minimize the impact.
- Child visitation — Defining child visitation rights for parents who do not have custody is crucial in divorce. My understanding of visitation issues is thorough and based on many years’ experience. This allows me to assist you with competence and insight.
- Child and spousal support — You need capable representation to address child and spousal support (alimony) issues, regardless of whether you are receiving or paying such support. I deal with these issues on a daily basis and know what it takes to handle them.
- Parental rights — You have a right to direct the care, custody and education of your child. If those rights are under attack, you need an attorney experienced in handling parental rights issues. My experience prepares me to defend and fight for your parental rights.
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders — A divorce may involve your retirement benefits or those of your spouse. If so, a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) may be necessary to address retirement benefits. I am experienced in dealing with retirement benefits and QDROs.
- Military divorce — Divorce can be especially difficult if you or your spouse is in the military or retired from the military. Special residency requirements apply to members of the military who wish to divorce in Texas. Possession orders can be especially difficult and become even more difficult when a parent deploys. Clients in military divorce situations need an attorney who understands their special needs.
- Wills — Estate planning often dictates that you and your spouse execute wills to determine how your property will be distributed upon death. A will may need to be contested. I draft wills and have significant experienced contesting wills in estate litigation. Many people should also consider the need for powers of attorney and powers of attorney for health care as part of their planning.
- Real estate and business law — Prior to becoming board certified in family law, I engaged in general practice for many years. I am contacted frequently by realtors and title companies to assist with real estate matters. Although it is not my primary area of practice, I continue to represent small businesses and individuals in real estate and business-related matters.
Contact an experienced Georgetown, TX lawyer today
Contact the office of Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law for a consultation. I stand ready to serve if you need a respected family law, divorce, real estate, business or estate attorney in Williamson and the surrounding counties, including Georgetown, Round Rock, Austin, Temple and Bastrop. Call 512.887.1996 or contact me online.
– See more at: https://www.kevinhendersonlaw.com/#sthash.ZJa8CYlY.dpuf